Health Office News
HEALTH OFFICE STAFF
Heidi Miller, RN, BSN, PHN (Monday)
Kristin Klein, RN, BSN (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday)
Summer Hours: By appointment
School Year Hours: 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- If you want your child to receive an over-the-counter medication (ibuprofen, etc.) you must supply it and annually complete a Medication Administration Consent form and have it signed by a physician. The reason for this is to ensure that the child is getting a safe dose and the correct medication. Students may not self-carry or self-administer over-the-counter medication. This is a district wide regulation. Parents are always welcome to come in and administer the medication if they have not submitted the proper paperwork.
- Only emergency medications (inhalers or epi-pens) may be self-administered with proper documentation submitted annually.
- Student Immunization Record Schedule (This is a schedule that indicates the immunization schedule)
- Kindergarten-12th Grade Student Immunization Record (This is a form that can be utilized for immunization tracking/documentation and the required paperwork for Medical Exemption and/or Conscientious Exemption)
- Kindergarten Preparatory 3 & Kindergarten Preparatory 4 Student Immunization Record (This is a form that can be utilized for immunization tracking/documentation and the required paperwork for Medical Exemption and/or Conscientious Exemption)
- A Conscientious Exemption is required for all new or transferring students, Kindergartners, and 7th graders and must be notarized. Medical Exemptions are required at the same intervals and must be signed by a physician.
PLEASE BE AWARE: For those that have a Conscientious Exemption, if there is an outbreak of the disease, and you have opted out of that particular immunization, your student cannot attend school for the duration of the outbreak. The length of exclusion will be determined by the Minnesota Department of Health and the DDC.
Is your child up to date on their immunizations?
Immunization requirements change in Pre-School, Kindergarten, 7th, 10th and 12th grades. Please send in your updated immunization records to the HCA Health Office at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.