Below are some tips that can help prevent the spread of the flu:
• Wash hands frequently!! Lather and rub for 20 seconds! (Singing one verse & chorus of Jesus Loves Me is about 20 seconds!) If there is no soap/water, then use hand sanitizer – be sure to cover all areas of the hand.
• Try not to touch the face throughout the day especially the nose, eyes, mouth, and ears! This is a great habit to get in to.
• Wipe down faucet handles, door knobs, and any other frequently touched surface areas with disinfectant at least once/day.
• Cover coughs and sneezes with an elbow.
• Get the flu shot.
• Be aware of flu symptoms: Fever, headache, fatigue, cough, sore throat, and body aches. Stay home if you a fever and a cough or sore throat.
• Please let the Health Office know if you have Influenza or any Influenza-like illness! Our number is (763)463-2215.
Influenza-like illness (ILI) is defined as a fever (at least 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit) and a cough or sore throat.