HCA ATHLETIC TEAM OVERNIGHTS
The Heritage Athletic Department encourages and supports the scheduling of one overnight road trip for each varsity team per season. Though there are many benefits to overnight trips, our three main objectives are:
- To promote spiritual team bonding and unity.
- To provide unique scheduling opportunities with schools that we would not normally play.
- To have fun and create special memories that will enhance their athletic experience at HCA.
Each overnight road trip will be different depending on multiple factors. We do, however, have specific expectations for our coaches and athletes to ensure that each event meets the community standards of Heritage Christian Academy.
- The head coach will:
- Inform the parents and players in advance of the season of the dates and location of the overnight trip.
- Work with the captain’s parents to make sure that the expenses associated with the trip are not a financial burden to any family.
- Prepare an itinerary of the trip including, lights out, meal times, game times and team meetings.
- Prepare room assignments for all players, four to a room when possible.
- Plan and organize a time for team worship and devotions.
- Provide adequate supervision. The coach’s rooms will be in the proximity of the player’s rooms and we will have one adult supervisor for every eight students.
- Establish guidelines for the use of electronics.
- Our athletes will abide by the following rules:
- There will be no members of the opposite gender in any room at any time.
- There will be no possession or use of tobacco, alcohol, drugs or any inappropriate materials either printed or media.
- Will show respect and be inclusive with all players.
- Failure to comply with these rules may result in suspension from the team, suspension from school, and future traveling opportunities.
Our athletes must understand that this is a privilege not a right and are expected to uphold all the standards of Heritage Christian Academy.
HCA ATHLETICS/HCA Athletic Statement – Team Overnights